Tiny Me

Tiny Me
Yes, I am THAT short.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tool 8





The 2 videos I have chosen are very personal examples of something I might use in my classroom.  The first is a video I shot myself on my flip at the Louvre.  When I came to Westwood my students were obsessed with the Mona Lisa much like the thousands of people in line to see her at the museum.  I've worked with them so that they are familiar with a few more pieces and artists.  This video was a good into to portraiture last year and also showed what a museum looked like.  It helped to set off many good discussions. The second video was my favorite as a child on Sesame Street and it's so nice to know that it's available on youtube.  It could be used in so many ways.  Music and art, music and color, color alone, shapes, line etc. could all be subjects discussed in relation to this video.  Gloria McCoy, the district art director, has always encouraged us to have music playing in our classrooms while the students work, and I find Philip Glass to be very inspirational.  My music teacher says he's weird though, but since it's my third year teaching I am going to be brave, strike out on my own and play my Philip Glass until the students go crazy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment