Tiny Me

Tiny Me
Yes, I am THAT short.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tool 2

I am very supportive of the idea of building a successful online community of educators and personal learning network because as a specials teacher, especially an art teacher, I am alone in my school in regards to art related support.  Health fitness and music both have 2 teachers and grade levels have up to 5-7 teachers following a similar curriculum.  I have plenty of on campus support related to classroom management in a general sense and things of that nature, but when it comes to art support I need to be able to reach out to teachers at other schools.  The internet is one of the easiest and fastest means of receiving and searching out this assistance.  I thought it was interesting that what Cool Cat Teacher describes as a good comment also seems to mirror what we see as good listening and conversation tools.  True acknowledgment and understanding of what is being put forth as opposed to simple nods and meaningless statements.  I do, however, think that you should use both the well thought out responses reflecting on what is discussed AND the shorter simply supportive "way to go" or "right on".  Partially because sometimes you feel in agreement about a topic and either because of a lack of ability to elaborate or articulate or just a simple shortage of time all you can really contribute at the moment is a simple ditto.  I think you need a smattering of both.

5 blogs I commented on:

TWE Pre K Tigers,
11 Tools to a Better Health Fitness,
Cutler's Music Mania,
11 Tools For 21st century learning- All Day,
11 Tools- Kathy Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment